went to see a medium yesterday … one of those ones that speak to dead people. as i’ve had a lot of people die on me over the past two or so years i thought i’d take a little gander and see if any of them wanted to chat.
as one does.
so i went to see a lovely scottish lady named margaret paton. she’s not the first medium/psychic i’ve consulted with (or chased down), but she is the first one who claims to speak to relatives ‘in the spirit realm’. i say ‘claims’ and use quotes, because who the fuck knows how this shit works.
while there was a lot she said that didn’t make any sense whatsoever, she started strong…
first in was my granny who gave her some background to my life that there was simply no way of her knowing (my sisters and our relationship, my birth mother and the brother that died with her, my mother’s relationship with my father before she died, my very checkered childhood, recent relationships and where they happened). and then granny ‘opened the door’ for mijo.
mijo. mijo. mijo.
if you’re new to the blog, mijo was a friend of mine that died last year [clickety click]. ‘gosh sweetheart, he was a pretty boy. veeery pretty. and tall!’ again, she confirmed so many things (how he died, why, his computer messages, his relationships, family, business) … maybe she’s just a mind reader, who knows … but there were things he was saying … things i didn’t understand. it got so frustrating after a while to make sense of the messages (‘sweetheart eet’s no laahk pickin up a telephoon’) … dates, names, anger, meetings … like someone trying to make an important message out of paper mache…
i can’t imagine why this would matter to the dead.
she picked up on chris (‘i’m pickin up a veery recent passin…maybe two months…he’s too neew in the spirit world sweetheart’) … told me a bit about him and where we met and how arty he was. his relationship with gavin. his dogs. i find this amusing considering in the living he found anything that was vaguely esoteric appalling and, frankly, lunatic.
see those daffodils? ‘there are just all these flowers aroond you sweetheart, they’re jus everywhere…daffodils.’ later, when my stodgy whiskey-drinking grumbly welsh grandpa made an appearance, it all made sense. ‘ooo your mother was also welsh! well ther you gooo sweetheart, the daffodil is the national flower of wales!’
anyway, here’s what i found out about me:
1. i am not going to die any time soon. probably the first thing she said to me when the session started. if you know me well, you’ll be amused. i’m always thinking i’m going to die. ‘i see a veeeery long life fur you sweetheart. if i didn’t i wouldn’t say anything. but you need to knooo tha’. indeed.
2. the baby that is being born (VERY SOON NINA, JUST SO’S YOU KNOW) is going to be very important to you
3. there is a wedding celebration that i MUST attend (simon?)
4. i will meet an englishman, ‘what do ya call them sweetheart? soutie?’, who will be the Mr One.
5. i should prepare for a pivotal relationship encounter soon that will be like nothing i have experienced before. (could go so many ways … hope it’s the same person as at ’4′, cos it’s likely to be good and i like consistency)
6. i will be in wales for a visit next year.
7. i must visit the family i am putting off (this struck close)
8. the spirit guides are seeing media media media books books books and places of study.
9. oh and i should move.
there was so much else actually. little confirming things … other, not so confirming, more confusing things.
but all in all, a good experience. i might go see her again. not for any big reason than for the reason i do everything i do: curiosity.